***Recipes have been moved to their own tab at the top right of this blog.


Scaling Down

I have several friends who are losing weight with this way of eating.  Here’s a sampling.

“Okay -   I’m  excited – 11 pounds down this morning on the scale!   What’s amazing was that yesterday was my first time at a Mexican restaurant since starting this.  I got halibut tacos and ate the insides only with cabbage and a sauce that didn’t taste sweet, all of the guacamole and pico de gallo, and a few tastes of the black beans, with a white mild cheese sprinkled sparsely on them.  YUMMO!!! I tasted the salsa dips with my fork and NOT ONE CHIP crossed my lips! ! !  That’s a first!   Then I went home to help fix dinner for my guys.  They had steak tacos plus my chips and salsa from lunch.  I ate some of the steak, tomatoes, lettuce and a little of their guac and sour cream! ! !   What a delight to be DOWN that far this morning! ! !  In the past I would not lose after eating beef! ! !” (Edit: my guess it was the taco shells and rice and not the beef that stymied weight loss in the past.)

--------------------

“I just had to share. . . exactly 8 pounds down this a.m.!!!  I couldn’t be happier!  Made a full batch of cauliflower style funeral potatoes yesterday and my family loved it!  Thanks, Coach.” 

--------------------

“I ate NO junk at the baby shower today.  It was hard to pick out something I could eat . . . veggies and dip, 4 pieces of legal fruit, little chicken and lettuce salad.  Tanked up on good salad when I got home much later.  Bought regular cottage cheese for the first time I can ever remember . . . wow did it taste great!   Maybe I will survive this new way of eating!“

--------------------

“I looked at more food labels today than ever after your coaching. . . the imitation crab at the store was in the freezer case . . . 13 crabs (I think she meant “carbs”) per serving!  It had way too much junk in it so I bought cooked shrimp instead.“ 

No comments:

Post a Comment