***Recipes have been moved to their own tab at the top right of this blog.


Losing and Maintaining

When I first began this blog, I did so after receiving dozens of requests about what I was doing to not only lose weight, but to maintain that loss.  This is the first time in my life – I’m 63 – that I’ve ever been able to keep the weight from creeping back.  My height is 5’7” and I bounce between 132 and 134, and have done so since July 5, 2010 – not model thin, but a good weight for my height.
 
I have no degree in medicine, only a keen mind that searches for truth.  Right now I’m devouring Gary Taubes “Good Calories, Bad Calories” in an effort to understand the science behind low-carbing.  That tome will never be described as an easy read!  I’m 1/3 of the way through the 500 pages and when I finish, I’ll outline the best points he makes and post them here.  What I can tell you right now is that the more I read, the more I am convinced that refined foods are killing all of us.  Removing white sugar, white rice, white four and white potatoes from the shelves at the supermarket would drastically impact our nation’s health for the better. 
 
Thanks for visiting and good luck to you in your pursuit of a healthier way of living.

No comments:

Post a Comment